When it comes to the most loved Maui summer ocean tour adventures, there are so many possibilities you might find yourself lost in them, so here's an overview of the choices that we at the Hawaii Ocean Project offer you. Once you know what's available, it'll be that much easier to pick your favorite excursions.
- Maui Sunset Dinner Cruise - Enjoy a relaxing evening out on the beautiful blue waters of West Maui to watch one our famous tropical sunsets. What better way to enjoy it than aboard our spacious and stable 120-foot yacht, the Maui Princess? You'll get table side dining service from our wonderful staff, and after a fantastic meal, you can dance the night away as the sunset fades and the endless stars take over the sky.
- Private Tours - With over 35 years of experience in boat charters, we are confident that we can work with you to create the perfect outing for your needs. Whether you are looking for a brisk morning snorkel or a languid sunset cruise, we can make it happen just the way you want it.
Neighbor Island Excursions:
- Molokini Snorkel - We operate the only tour that will take you to the tiny crescent island of Molokini from Lahaina Harbor. Molokini is a sliver of an ancient volcanic caldera that is now home to a vibrant reef. The island juts out of the water in a crescent shape that protects the reefs from wind and wave action, while its lack of sandy beaches provides a rare water clarity.
- Lanai Snorkel - The tranquil island of Lanai awaits you, and we'll bring you there on our exquisite 70-foot catamaran, the Kaulana. No two reefs are the same, and Lanai's boast their own unique array of corals, fish, crustaceans and other fascinating types of marine life. Hawaiian Green Sea Turtles and pods of acrobatic spinner dolphins are common sightings on this trip.
- Molokai Ferry - Planning a day of adventure on the neighboring island of Molokai? We'll get you there on our ferry, the Molokai Princess. After spending so many hours on a plane to get to Maui, we're guessing an exhilarating boat ride will be a lot more interesting and fun!
- Maui Sunset Dinner Cruise and Lahaina Luau Combo - This package includes the Maui Sunset Dinner Cruise that we described above, plus the exciting Royal Lahaina Luau the following night at the Royal Lahaina Resort. Situated on the iconic Kaanapali Beach, this experience includes an all-you-can-eat Hawaiian luau buffet of traditional island fare and delicacies, with a separate buffet for keiki (kids), arts & crafts demonstrations, a traditional imu (underground oven) presentation, hula performances, an open bar, an exciting fire dance finale, and more. If you want the most bang for your buck in evening dining, this is the combo package you'll want. No Maui vacation is complete without a sunset dinner cruise and a luau.
- Discover Molokai, Cruise and Drive Package - Are you an independent adventurer? We'll ferry you to Molokai, provide you with a vehicle when you arrive, hand you a map and send you off to explore this unique Hawaiian treasure. After your adventure, you can hop aboard our return ferry and be back on Maui by the evening.
- Discover Molokai, Ali'i Tour Package - Prefer to kick back, enjoy the scenery and let someone else drive? This will be your preferred option for exploring Molokai. Like the Cruise and Drive Package, we'll ferry you to Molokai and back, but this adventure includes a knowledgeable local tour guide, an air conditioned van or bus, and stops at Molokai's most special sites. This excursion is an opportunity to take amazing photographs, see the sights, and learn more about Molokai's people, places and traditions. Stops include the Kalaupapa Sea Cliffs, Hawaiian fish ponds, Kaunakakai Town, Father Damien's Church, Purdy's Natural Macadamia Nut Farm and Coffees of Hawaii. The trip includes a continental breakfast and lunch at a local restaurant.