By Captain Dave
Ready to take [part in one of our fantastic Maui whale watching trips? Here’s a few items you may want to consider bringing along with you on your tour:
- Sunscreen – During our Maui whale watch tour you will be spending a good amount of time watching humpback whales frolic and play in the water under the wonderful Hawaiian sun. While the warmth is always welcoming, protecting your skin from UV rays with a dab of sunscreen is always a good idea.
- Sunglasses – Great for not only protecting your eyes from UV rays, but also for reducing glare, making seeing the beauty of our marine friends all the more clearer.
- Lightweight, water resistant clothing – Out on the sea you might find yourself facing the occasional small splash of water. Quick drying, lightweight clothing will help keep you comfortable while enjoying your trip. If you are planning on buying a few lightweight items, look for breathable clothing with built in UV resistance for added comfort and protection.
- Binoculars – While an up close experience is quite common during our Maui whale watches, it’s always nice to have a pair of binoculars handy for those times a whale or other marine life chooses to do something amazing a bit farther out from the boat.
- Waterproof phone case – Just to be safe, equipping your phone with a waterproof case provides great piece of mind while snapping pic, shooting videos, or tweeting your awesome experience on the #HOPMaui whale watch!
Now that you know what to bring, book your Maui whale watch with Hawaii Ocean Project today!