Spending The Day in Beautiful Lahaina
Are you coming from another part of the island to join Hawaii Ocean Project on one of our excellent boat tours? While in Lahaina be sure to check out some of the other things to do. For example, the Lahaina Historical Trail is a must see for visitors.
Below is some information about the trail to help plan your day in Lahaina:
- The trail begins at the Baldwin House, located off of Dickenson and Front Street. This is walking distance from HOP’s dock in the harbor.
- There are three different walking trails to explore. The Founder trail takes you around the famous Banyan tree, showcasing 23 different sites and takes about 30 minutes to complete.
- The Navigator trail will direct you up and down Front Street, pointing out 17 historical sites, taking approximately one hour to complete. We suggest grabbing lunch at one of the many restaurants to choose from on Front Street while exploring this trail.
- After lunch, start off on the Voyager trail. This trail will take 45 minutes to complete, depending on how many picture-taking stops are made at the 22 different historical locations.
- Maps and more may be found on site or at lahainarestoration.org/lahaina-historic-trail
One of our morning Whale Watch Tours is a perfect choice for those wanting to make a day out of coming to Historical Lahaina. With multiple departure times to choose from, returning to the harbor before lunch, you’ll be able to explore all the historical and cultural sites of Lahaina in one day. To book your Lahaina adventure, starting with a whale watch, contact HOP today!