Halloween on Maui
Are you going to be on Maui for Halloween this year? If so, be sure to check out the festivities happening in Lahaina. The atmosphere created by the costumed guests closely resembles a Mardi Gras theme. Below is the schedule of events to take place on Friday, October 31, 2014:
- From 3pm until midnight the roads will be closed to vehicular traffic from Baker to Prison Street. Front Street parking will be closed as well.
- The 36th annual Keiki Halloween Costume Parade will take place, down Front Street to the Banyan Tree Park, starting at 4:30pm.
- Live entertainment will feature The Haiku Hillbilly’s at Campbell Park, beginning at 6pm until 8pm.
- An adult costume contest will run from 7pm to 9pm at Banyan Tree Park. Sign-up begins at 6pm at the Pioneer Inn. The winner will be announced at 9:30pm.
- Other activities throughout the evening, at Campbell Park, are to include: keiki activities, face painting, photo opportunities, and food booths.
- Both, Campbell Park and Banyan Tree Park, will close at 10pm.
Last year this event attracted approximately 28,000 participants. Accordingly, parking will be a challenge; ensure plenty of time to get there early or, better yet, reserve a taxi or shuttle for transportation to and from the festivities. While in the West Maui area, consider booking a Hawaii Boat Tour or Cruise with Hawaii Ocean Project.