Friday Art Nights in Lahaina
When you're planning a vacation to Maui, it's nice to know when the reoccurring events take place so you can easily fit them into your schedule. For example, every Friday is Art Night in Lahaina. Since we run our Maui ocean tour company out of the scenic Lahaina Harbor, it would be easy for our guests to enjoy one of our excursions on a Friday and follow it up by exploring everything featured in Art Night.
Lahaina is a fun, beautiful and historic town situated on West Maui's stunning coastline. You'll find it full of shops, restaurants, art galleries and other unique establishments. It's the ideal spot for grabbing a bite and searching for souvenirs, but what really makes it stand out from other places on the island is its impressive number of art galleries. If you're interested in paintings, sculptures, glass art, specially designed jewelry, and numerous other keepsakes, Lahaina is the place to find them. There's something for everyone, whether you are looking for fine art or unique, locally made crafts.
Friday Art Nights are Lahaina's time for putting the spotlight on this fantastic array of creations. From 6-9pm, there are opportunities to meet artists, mingle with like-minded art enthusiasts, and enjoy pupu (hors d'oeuvres) and wine. The Lahaina Visitor Center will even provide you with a free Art Map to guide you on your exploration. You'll find the center at the old Lahaina Courthouse in Banyan Tree Park.
Here is the Lahaina Visitor Center's list of Art Night highlights for your perusal:
- Kai Pua Gallery – Live glass blowing and painting by local artists. Special deals, fabulous seconds and clearance sale, serving wine.
- Peter Lik Gallery – Special promotions on art.
- Maui Hands Gallery – Light refreshments also served.
- Lahaina Galleries – Serving wine from 5-10 p.m. Featured artists Andrea Razzauti and Steve Turnbull
- The Village Galleries – Featured Artist Kathleen Alexander. Refreshments will be served
- Images Fine Art Gallery – Complimentary wine and live music
- Simon Jon Gallery – Unique Hawaiian wood bowls by artist Jonathan Somaoang, offering 10-20% off select items
- Sargent’s Fine Art – Enjoy the music of Curt Lee every Friday Art Night at the gallery, featured artist: Roman Czerwinski.
- Martin Lawrence Gallery – Serving Wine and Pupu’s
- Kingwell Island Art – Live music 6-8pm. Demonstration of Plein Air painting. Wine and pupu’s will be served.
- Daryl Millard Gallery – Daryl will be painting at the easel and talking about his work.
- Contemporary Masters – Live entertainment
- Lahaina Printsellers – Wine and Pupu’s
- Vintage Posters – Wine and Pupu’s
- Diamond Head – Serving wine
- Joelle – Joelle will be painting at the gallery. Wine and pupu’s will be served
- Higgins Harte Gallery International
As you can see, this event is rich with activity and enjoyment for anyone who appreciates cultural and creative experiences. Lahaina isn't just a place where art is bought and sold. It is also the source of great inspiration for many artists, so you will sometimes be able to find paintings of the town or the Lahaina Harbor, from which we operate our West Maui cruises. You'll find that many talented artists make their home here, with the island itself acting as a muse full of dynamic qualities.
We hope that all of you art loving visitors will take advantage of Lahaina's Friday Art Nights during your stay, and that you have an enjoyable time. We hope to see you on one of our unforgettable ocean tours as well! Mahalo for reading this week!